Saturday, February 8, 2014

Winter Training ....Go USA!


2014 Olympics

       We have not visited our blog forever.  So, now we are back! It has been entertaining following other peoples blogs about winter biking. Maybe one day it will be an Olympic sport? Curling or Biking? I choose biking. We don't winter bike like our brother Larry Sauber. He enjoys the winter fat biking a ton! He is always out ripping it up. Keep it up Lar!  
     
     We have been lifting weights (X fit) and biking inside and snowshoeing on occasion.  It was fun this morning watching 2014 Olympics on the trainer while doing a watt test while the speed skaters were giving it their all as well.  Maybe not an Olympian, but still striving to get after it.  

     I remember watching the 1984 summer Olympics, I was fourteen year old kid. After watching the track and field athletes I would go out side and attempt to run down the street as fast as I could! I thought I could do that one day! However, I never became an Olympian, but the Olympic spirit is still burning today. 

      Give or take a few months I'll be 44 years old. So, I think it's been close to 30 years of working out for me. I feel better now then I ever have. I think the key to training and racing is to work out gradually and consistently. Many athletes will take it over the edge and experience burn out. 
     
to be continued.. thanks for reading! 
GO USA!

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another".
                                                                          prov 27:17

No comments:

Post a Comment