Tuesday, April 15, 2014

WINTER, WINTER, GO AWAY!!!



I am sure most people are ready for some warm weather!  I heard next week the weather will be back in the 60's!  Last week, we got a lot a good riding outside.  Fortunately, Lonie and I don't mind riding on the trainer when it is not nice out.  The trainer is especially great for intervals and just generally "killing yourself."

Lonie and I are glad to be biking again.  Looking back, we did not start biking until May last year.  It is a lot more fun to race when you are in shape for it.  Lonie and I plan are racing a few of the series races and then see what races pop up this summer.  I love the summer, warm weather and sunny days!  

We went to Arizona over spring break!  I absolutely love the mountains.  They are so pretty and I never get tired of looking at palm trees.  We visited Lonie's parents who live in Mesa.  We went hiking in the Tonto National Forest and the Usery Mountains.  We did not bike this time, but next time for sure.  I was bummed to come home to Minnesota, it snowed the day we flew home.  

Speaking of snow....I recently found out that the 2015 National Snow Shoe Race will be in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.  http://chippewaoffroad.org/2014/corba-hosting-2015-u-s-national-snowshoe-championships.  My dad and I did the 2011 Snow Shoe Nationals in Cable, Wisconsin.  I placed 12th out of 43 women and 3rd in my age.  I was very happy with this result, my second ever snow shoe race.  I will do a blog post at the end of the summer about training for snow shoe racing.  





This is the start of the 2011 National Championship Race.  That is me in the white shirt, those women are exceptional athletes.  I am eager to compete in this race again.

That is it for now, train and race on while you can!  Life is short and you only live once!  






No comments:

Post a Comment