Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Rusty Ride

Riding the "Rusty Ride 2013" is a must!  Lonie and I raced the 50 miler this past Saturday.  One word to describe this race, "Superb!"  This was a fundraiser for MORC (Minnesota Off Road Cyclists).  The race was a mix of snow mobile trails, paved roads, and single track.  

A police car lead out the race through the town of Ironton-Crosby.  We then hit the snow mobile trials going about 20 miles per hour.  Everyone was drafting and having fun!  All of a sudden, a guy swerved at something, and down we went!  It was like watching "dominoes" fall!  Lonie and I both went flying.  My guardian angel (another guy racing) caught me from behind and put me back on the ground.  Pretty amazing, that no one got seriously hurt!

From them on, it was race on!  The single track is a made of small little pieces of iron ore and will leave your body and bike with a beautiful "spray tan!"  There were burms, bridges, and fast downhills.  My favorite climb was "Miners Mountain."  Miners Mountain overlooks crystal-blue iron ore lakes with beautiful views!

Congrats to Larry Sauber too for getting 2nd at the 100 miler, you freak!  

I can't wait to race at this event again next year!  Great times!  Thanks again to Joel Benton and James Kauth for the extra water bottles.  Next up, our first Pre Fat!  


No comments:

Post a Comment